Re: Release-critical Bugreport for December 13, 1998

On Sun, Dec 13, 1998 at 09:30:03AM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> Oliver Elphick wrote:
> > BugScan reporter wrote:
> >   >Bug stamp-out list for Dec 13 00:03 (CST)
> >
> >   >Package: dupload
> >   >Maintainer: Heiko Schlittermann <heiko@lotte.sax.de>
> >   >  30202  dupload: logs completion even if upload fails
> >
> > dupload is a package for developers; this cannot be considered *release*
> > critical, since it does not affect ordinary users.
>
> Sorry, I disagree. Anything that leads to possible loss of data can be
> release critical. It'd be just as false to say "tex is only used by
> academians, a bug in it that deletes your thesis cannot be considered
> release critical". Any way, there are 400 debian develpers, this bug can
> affect a lot of people.

... who will all automatically upgrade to the newer version if and when
problems are found, and are not bound by releases.

--
Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk> <tom@debian.org>  http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/
PGP Key: finger tom@master.debian.org, http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/pgpkeys.asc.