Re: Release-critical Bugreport for December 13, 1998

Oliver Elphick wrote:
> BugScan reporter wrote:
>   >Bug stamp-out list for Dec 13 00:03 (CST)
>
>   >Package: dupload
>   >Maintainer: Heiko Schlittermann <heiko@lotte.sax.de>
>   >  30202  dupload: logs completion even if upload fails
>
> dupload is a package for developers; this cannot be considered *release*
> critical, since it does not affect ordinary users.

Sorry, I disagree. Anything that leads to possible loss of data can be
release critical. It'd be just as false to say "tex is only used by
academians, a bug in it that deletes your thesis cannot be considered
release critical". Any way, there are 400 debian develpers, this bug can
affect a lot of people.

--
see shy jo