Re: PREVIEW: bsign embeds hash and/or digital signature in ELF files

On Mon, Dec 14, 1998 at 12:40:46AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
<snip>
> This sounds like a very usefull tool which can be used as an alternative
> to tripwire.

Erm, if someone has access to change the binarys then it is no problem
to also change the signature in said binarys..

tripwire is basicly useless if its not on a hardware level read-only
device, and I don't see how binarys having the signature in them is
secure if one can change the binarys, which, if they can't do, there is
little reason to use the signatures for security..

Now, the signatures, checked through some outside (non writable) source,
do look like a very nice idea.. (=:]

Zephaniah E, Hull.

--
 PGP EA5198D1-Zephaniah E, Hull <warp@whitestar.soark.net>-GPG E65A7801