Re: Debian security (was Re: Nomination question: Redhat)

On Sun, Dec 13, 1998 at 21:47:39 +0100, Milan Zamazal wrote:
> The second was that Debian doesn't support PAM, which lowers overall
> security abilities of the system.

Debian now has a working set of PAM packages again. However, few packages
use it so far. I think this is one of the issues to address for "potato".

On Mon, Dec 14, 1998 at 01:32:27 -0800, Craig Brozefsky wrote:
> But in the interest of truly preserving and/or enhancing security PAM
> support should be dealt with carefully, and not rushed.

I agree. I do think however that potato's release cycle will be long enough
to make a significant number of applications PAM-aware.

Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.