Debian security (was Re: Nomination question: Redhat)

    JT> In general Redhat respond faster than us to most security
    JT> incidents and Redhat have Alan Cox auditing code.  We don't.

When it was mentioned -- some people in our country think RedHat is more
secure than Debian.  When I asked them why, I received two non-religious
answers.  One was that Debian is not much visible in "security places"
(like security-audit, etc.), which makes an impression Debian people are
not much interested in security.  The second was that Debian doesn't
support PAM, which lowers overall security abilities of the system.

Milan Zamazal