Re: DPLs : what do you think about ...

On Sun, Dec 13, 1998 at 12:42:41PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> - Ben Collins idea : no unstable fork before deep-freeze

Hmmm. Let's say I've got a bunch of packages in frozen which are all
bug free, or at least important-bug free. I've looked over the list of
release-critical bugs, and I don't feel qualified to fix any of them.
What do I do, twiddle my thumbs for a few months? Similarly, some of ours
users don't mind following unstable all the time -- if a new upstream release
of package Z comes out, why shouldn't they have it if the maintainer has
time to build it?

Is effort being put in to potato to the detriment of slink?
Not that I can see.

Hamish