Re: "high reliability" profile for initial installations

James R. Van Zandt <jrv@vanzandt.mv.com> wrote:
>mdutils supports RAID-0.  One alternative I have considered is
>raidtools, which supports RAID-4 and -5.  However, it requires a more
>recent kernel.  Should I delete mdutils in favor of raidtools and
>kernel-source-2.1.125?

2.0.36 (possibly also 2.0.35, I'm not sure) supports RAID-[45] as
implemented by raidtools.

I know, I have a server running with 5 IDE drives[1] striped like that. :)
--
Robert Woodcock - rcw@debian.org
"Unix and C are the ultimate computer viruses" -- Richard Gabriel

[1] Yes it is possible.[2]

[2] Yes it is insane.