"high reliability" profile for initial installations

I am trying to overhaul the predefined profiles in the boot disks.
One thing I would like to add is a group of packages for high
availability/high security computing.  I have attached the list of
packages I propose.  Would anyone like to propose changes?

I have questions about two packages:

mdutils supports RAID-0.  One alternative I have considered is
raidtools, which supports RAID-4 and -5.  However, it requires a more
recent kernel.  Should I delete mdutils in favor of raidtools and
kernel-source-2.1.125?

cracklib2 looks like another good candidate:
   Shared library for cracklib2 which contains a C function which may be
   used in a passwd like program.  The idea is simple: try to prevent
   users from choosing passwords that could be guessed by crack by
   filtering them out, at source. cracklib2 is NOT a replacement passwd
   program.  cracklib2 is a LIBRARY.
   .
   Currently no Debian binary packages use cracklib2.  The Debian shadow
   source package can easily be rebuilt with no source code changes
   after cracklib2.  The Debian pam source package also seems to have
   some support for cracklib2 though I haven't tried rebuilding it yet.

Has something been packaged that uses cracklib2 to check proposed passwords?

			- Jim Van Zandt

genpower         Monitor UPS and handle line power failures
mon              monitor hosts/services/whatever and alert about problems
debsums          Tools to handle md5sums for installed packages
mdutils          Multiple Device driver utilities
suidmanager      Manage File Permissions
secure-su        su with more security options
makepasswd       Generate and encrypt passwords
lockvc           Program to lock your Linux console(s)
opie             A S/Key compatible One Time Password (OTP) system
opie-client      A S/Key compatible One Time Password (OTP) system
opie-server      A S/Key compatible One Time Password (OTP) system
nmap             The Network Mapper
tcpdump          A powerful tool for network monitoring and data acquisition
courtney         Program to detect SATAN scans.
libsocks4        SOCKS libraries
socks4-server    SOCKS4 server for proxying IP-based services over a firewall
socks4-clients   Socks4 enabled clients as rtelnet, rftp, ...
redir            Redirect TCP connections
rinetd           Internet redirection server
ipmasq           Initializes IP Masquerade firewalling/forwarding