Re: DPLs : what do you think about ...

Raphael Hertzog <rhertzog@hrnet.fr> writes:

> Here are the projects I would like to see achieved :
> - Ben Collins idea : no unstable fork before deep-freeze

I disagree.  In previous freezes, we did that.  Unfortunately, our
freezes tend to drag on for a really long time (months).  Without a
place to upload new packages, the momentum of the projects tends to
stall.

There are many maintainers that maintain relatively bug-free packages
- they don't really have a lot to do during the freeze.  In theory, it
would be nice if they helped fix other packages during the freeze.  In
practice, only a small proportion of them will actually do that.

Cheers,

 - Jim