Re: Beer and such, was: Re: Nomination

   Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 13:40:04 -0400 (AST)
   From: Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.NS.CA>

   On 11 Dec 1998, Martin Bialasinski wrote:
   > Jehova. I take two big ones and a small one.
   >
   > You are talking to a citizen, which has the "Reinheitsgebot". The
   > world oldest law (anno 1516, predecessor anno 1290) wrt food.
   >
   > It says beer may only be produced from water, barley, hops and
   > yeast. Unfortunately, other beers, not obeying this law, may be
   > imported since some years (due to a decision by the EU).
   >
   > Have a good, cold one.
   > 	Martin

   Beck's is a good German beer which is widely exported and adheres
   to the Reinheitsgebot (says so right on the label).  It has long
   been my favourite import

No offense but Czech beer is now widely imported and that's
became my preffered.

   and it has fast become my wife's favourite
   too, ever since I introduced the beer to her (very important for
   good marital relations! :)

Sigh... lucky man ;)

   Ben
   --