Re: Project leaders - qualifications

Looks like I'm the only one who hasn't answered this.

Previously David Welton wrote:
> Competence with the English language (more languages are better - it
> seems as if there are a lot of German speakers on the list:-).  I
> don't think anyone so far has any problems with this.

Dutch and English are no problem, I can understand German fine but I'm
not very good at writing. I might be able to understand a few words
French, although my Latin might be better.

> Speaking experience.  Ability to get up in front of an audience and
> give an interesting talk.  Both Bruce and Ian had/have experience with
> this.

I've never really done this, the closest thing is probably a presentation
for about 30 fellow students.

> Ability to go to conferences.  This includes time and financial
> ability.  I guess that some conferences probably pay for some or all
> of the fees, but there are always incidentals...

Financial ability is bad, being a student without a job. I try to
go to a conference each year though, this year I've been at SANE.
There aren't that many conferences in Europe though, so you tend to
meet everyone at the few that there are. You can probably check PGP
signatures to see who is attending the conferences.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl