Re: Nomination

On Thu, Dec 10, 1998 at 05:38:32PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> While I am not running for leadership, I must question the relevance of
> these questions to such a post.
>
> While I maintain 25 packages or so, this does not make me more qualified for
> leadership.  Neither does the fact that there are no important or higher
> bugs outstanding against my packages.  While those questions *could* have
> some relevance, I must question their real relevance.

<shrug>  I figure I'll just answer the questions asked and let developers
determine whether or not they're important or not.

I must admit I look up to people like Joey Hess who has 96 packages and
not all of them simple either, however I believe we all have to
contribute to the project in the areas we are most suited.

> Packages of complexity, such as X, will necessarily have more bugs than a
> simple one like hello.  Furthermore, maintaining packages is a separate
> skill from being a project leader.

And even the best of us have thinkos which cause errors we look back on
and say "why did I do that?"

--
"You're despicable."  -- Daffy Duck