Re: Policy: Mail folder creation (Re: Debian mutt package)

On Thu, Dec 10, 1998 at 10:07:19PM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Dec 10, Scott Ellis <storm@gate.net> wrote:
>
>  >I see no reason to force the spool file to exist, since MDAs can create it
>  >easily.
> This is not true. MDAs must be sgid mail to be able to create spool files.
> Mutt does not needs to be sgid something because it uses an helper
> program for dot locking.

Mail DELIVERY Agents.  Like deliver, procmail, qmail, etc.  Mutt may mention
that you don't have a mail spool, but if you have other mail folders it
shouldn't be fatal.

--
                           |            You are never given a wish
      Scott K. Ellis       |             without also being given
      storm@gate.net       |             the power to make it true.