Re: Policy: Mail folder creation (Re: Debian mutt package)

On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, Marco d'Itri wrote:

> On Dec 09, Oscar Levi <elf@buici.com> wrote:
>  >> I think this is a very sensible rationale.
>  >> If noone objects I will reassign the bugs against mutt to the policy
>  >> package.
>  >I think that you may be missing a subtlety of the original report.
>  >Mutt does not remove the spool file. Debian's adduser doesn't create
>  >an empty one when it creates a new user.
> You are right. I will reassign it to adduser. :-)

No, I object.  I don't see any reason for adduser to create the spool
file, mutt should just be able to handle its non-existance gracefully.
Besides, fixing adduser still leaves those using useradd or NIS out to
dry.

I see no reason to force the spool file to exist, since MDAs can create it
easily.

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/