Re: Recompilation to remove dependency on libc6 2.0.7u (Was: Status of Slink

> Yes, basically, 'dpkg-buildpackage -B' is what is is called for,
> AFAIK.

-B and -b is different, but doesn't matter now...

> Why couldn't we do binary-i386 only uploads with *no* version number
> bump?

Because then two different packages with the same version number
exist! This is great confusion... Please do not even think about this
:-)

> Alternatively, isn't there a way to number an upload as an
> arch-specific upload, as understood by wanna-build & co?  I.e.,
> X.Y-1.0.1 ?

We could invent such a numbering, yes. For example
UPSTR-DEBIAN.only-ARCH.NUM, or something similar. However, the
without-source problem still exists. (Since currently there can be
only one source version in the archive.)

Roman