question for sendmail gurus

I have set up my local net to have an illegal domain for several reasons.
Then I told sendmail to masquerade as usa.net. Works fine. But I'd like to
make my mail address Michael.Meskes@usa.net as listed in the signature
instead of meskes@usa.net which is my user login. So I told sendmail to user
the user database to map meskes to Michael.Meskes. Looking into the mail
queue it seems to work fine. However, once I go online and start sendmail to
process the queue it changes the From: and sets the From_ line to read
meskes@usa.net. If I remove the masquerading stuff the From: line is
correctly set to Michael.Meskes@usa.net, but in the From_ line I have my
illegal domain which causes my provider to reject my mail.

Does anyone have an idea how to accomplish this? I have not tried
genericstable yet as the FAQ says the user database should do the job as
well.

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Manager of the Western Branch Office, Datenrevision GmbH
work: Cuxhavener Str. 36, D-21149 Hamburg, Michael.Meskes@datenrevision.de