Re: question for sendmail gurus

On Wed, Dec 09, 1998 at 10:42:02AM +0100, Michael Meskes wrote:
> I have set up my local net to have an illegal domain for several reasons.
> Then I told sendmail to masquerade as usa.net. Works fine. But I'd like to
> make my mail address Michael.Meskes@usa.net as listed in the signature
> instead of meskes@usa.net which is my user login. So I told sendmail to user
> the user database to map meskes to Michael.Meskes. Looking into the mail
> queue it seems to work fine. However, once I go online and start sendmail to
> process the queue it changes the From: and sets the From_ line to read
> meskes@usa.net. If I remove the masquerading stuff the From: line is
> correctly set to Michael.Meskes@usa.net, but in the From_ line I have my
> illegal domain which causes my provider to reject my mail.
>
> Does anyone have an idea how to accomplish this? I have not tried
> genericstable yet as the FAQ says the user database should do the job as
> well.
You did include the FEATURE(masquerade_envelope), did you?

And you don't have "meskes" in the sendmail.cE file or have it been made an
exposed user?

I surely do not qualify as sendmail guru though...:-)

Nils

| Quotes from the net:  L> Linus Torvalds, W> Winfried Truemper               |
| L>this is the special easter release of linux, more mundanely called 1.3.84 |
| W>Umh, oh. What do you mean by "special easter release"?. Will it quit      |
* W>working today and rise on easter?                                         *