Re: Recompilation to remove dependency on libc6 2.0.7u (Was: Status of Slink

> Can we install cross-compilation system say i386->m86k on really
> fast machine? Then recompilation of 661 packages will take about the
> same time for any arch.

The cross-compilation thing comes up again and again :-( It simply
doesn't work (reliably). Just a few examples: In mosts cases it's not
possible to cross-compile code which contains floating point
calculations; configure scripts often fail if $CC is a cross compiler,
because they cannot execute test programs; a bunch of packages
executes freshly built binaries during building, which fails in a
cross environment.

Roman