Re: Recompilation to remove dependency on libc6 2.0.7u (Was: Status of Slink

> Presumably this means m68k doesn't have any chance of getting the
> libc6 dependency fixed then.

Nope, not for slink.

> Perhaps a better thing to do would be to just recompile for i386 only,
> and do binary-only point releases for affected packages, ie,
>
> 	  $ cd package-3.14
> 	  $ debchange -v
> 		  # frozen, "binary-only / recompile to fix libc6 dependency"
> 	  $ build -b -rfakeroot
> 	  $ cd ..
> 	  $ dupload -t master whatever.changes

And how do you want to tell the build daemons (extreme case) that this
"point release" is i386 only? You can't determine this from the
version number... The only solution would be to make uploads without
sources (i.e., "Architecture: i386" only). Is this the sense of build
-b? (I don't know this tool.) But this solution makes problem with the
source availability problem, discussed some time ago on debian-policy.
Then we have a lot of binary versions (for i386 only) for which no
corresponding source version exists.

Roman