Intent to package: fastDNAml

Field: Biology (research)

fastDNAml is a reimplementation of the dnaml program (already in slink, in the
"phylip" package).

The main problem is the licence: there is absolutely none included, the
authors do not reply and people who know them tell me that they won't but I
can "probably" go on with packaging and sending to "main". I feel a bit
unsecure about that: according to the Berne Treaty, no licence means that
everything is forbidden, not that everything is allowed.

Did anyone already have such a problem?

(Do not think the package is outdated, it is used daily by biologists.)