Re: Status of Slink

Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > ASAP.  really ASAP.  We need to be able to provide official cd
> > images.  We need to be able to give distributors assistence or they
> > *WILL* screw up the distribution.  We probably don't want that to
> > happen.
>
> Geeze, not to mention testing and documenting the process.
>
> BTW, can anyone get me a provisional slink CD, even just a single CD
> with core packages -- I don't care.  I'm willing to pay.  I need it to
> help with the Installation Manual and testing.

Doh, I need help as well...  I took over installmanual-de, doh!  But
what are you going to do with the cd?  You can't depend on it since
it's subject to change?  Apart from that you should ask netgod.  I
could write you one if you provide me with a script to create the
image, but .de -> .us won't satisfy you...

You'd better not depend on any particular cdrom until there is something
official.

Btw. you should put the section wrt file requirement for booting
before discussing several things.  I got some complaints the other
day and noticed that this section indeed is places somewhat late.

Regards,

	Joey

--
No question is too silly to ask, but, of course, some are too silly
to answer.   -- Perl book

Please always Cc to me when answering on the lists.