Re: Status of Slink

[ CC'd the devel list because of all the issues I'm raising. ]

On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Brian White wrote:

> What's your opinion about the releasability of Slink?

Boot floppies:
  At last check, the drivers disk was giving problems.

Multi-cd install:
  Untested, I don't know if anyone has even made an attempt at this one.
  We need to get some cd images available.

X problems:
  Do we have the recommends fields correct now?  Others have already
  reported the problems with xdm.

That C++ linker error that generated all the traffic a few weeks back:
  Have all the packages been fixed/recompiled yet?

Mirror problems:
  Is ftp.debian.org synching master properly now?

I'm sorry for not checking all these myself.  It's just that time of year.

Brandon

| Brandon Mitchell * bhmit1@mail.wm.edu * http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/ |
|  Sometimes you have to release software with bugs. - MS Recruiter  |