Re: does the Debian Keyboard Configuration Project still exist?

Branden Robinson wrote:
> > > In that case this needs to be documented in
> > > /usr/doc/xbase/README.debian.gz.
> >
> > I agree. Branden?
>
> Hmm.  I guess all that needs to be done is the following, right?  If I can
> get a confirm on this I will indeed add it to a/the README.
>
> /etc/X11/Xmodmap:
> keycode 22 = BackSpace
> keycode 107 = Delete

Since this is what I've added to Xsession:

# Correct BS/DEL handling.  -Joey
xmodmap -e "keycode 22 = BackSpace"
xmodmap -e "keycode 107 = Delete"

Yours look quite proper.

> N.B., list lurkers, this fix is *only* for people with XkbDisable in their
> /etc/X11/XF86Config.

Which you should document as well.

Btw. it is disabled.  Since the people who have set it up aren't experts
I tend to think that this is the default Debian setting...

Regards,

	Joey

--
No question is too silly to ask, but, of course, some are too silly
to answer.   -- Perl book

Please always Cc to me when answering on the lists.