Re: does the Debian Keyboard Configuration Project still exist?

On Tue, Dec 08, 1998 at 20:51:39 +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> J.H.M. Dassen Ray" wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 08, 1998 at 20:33:05 +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > > If it does, it failed with hamm, since I had to add too xmodmap calls
> > > to /etc/X11/Xsession in order to achieve proper results when hitting
> > > DEL or BS within X11.
> >
> > Are you using the "xkb" extension? IIRC, the consistent keyboard
> > behaviour for X was only implemented for setups that used "xkb".
>
> In that case this needs to be documented in
> /usr/doc/xbase/README.debian.gz.

I agree. Branden?

> I don't think that I used xkb, although I'm not sure.  There is a config
> entry in XF86Config called XkbKeymab "xfree86(de)"

A lot of old semi-automagically generated XF86Config-s have "XkbDisable" in
them; perhaps yours is one of them?

Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go