Re: Release-critical Bugreport for December 4, 1998

On Sun, Dec 06, 1998 at 02:23:03AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> * the list of unmet/illegal package relations has been modified: a bug
>   in parsing versioned dependencies has been fixed (thanks to Jason for
>   noting this) and it now says why a relation is not met. This list
>   is online as http://master.debian.org/~wakkerma/unmet.html .

As expected, guavac is listed for suggesting java-virtual-machine.
That's a registered virtual package, listed in the virtual package
list. It's not my fault that nothing provides it :-) The jdk packages
should provide it (maybe they already do), although they're outside
main (although that shouldn't matter since it's only a suggestion).

Also, it doesn't build, except with g++272 (urk). I don't know
how to fix it, and it has plenty of other problems besides that.
I had a couple of volunteers to look at it, but I haven't heard
any success stories yet.

Hamish