DFSG2: Morality and advertising clause?

Hi,

I have a vauge recollection of seeing posts that said that there are moral
or ethical reasons to not drop BSD with advertising clause from the DFSG.
Or maybe they were arguments that partial permission for software such
a clause (a grandfather clause, with or without a timeout) was immoral?

Could someone please describe the underlying logic of these reasons?
I seem to have a bad case of "I just don't get it".

Also, if there are any arguments against dropping such software other than
"that software is important to us" [which seems to be a purely pragmatic
argument -- lacking in any moral substance], could someone also please
describe those reasons?

Thanks,

--
Raul