Re: XFree86-3.3.3 is really not in slink?

From: Remco Blaakmeer <remco-blaakmeer@quicknet.nl>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 01:46:50 +0100 (CET)

> > A *much* better solution is to just allow CD vendors to put 3.3.3 on
> > their CDs in an updates directory, so those people who need it can
> > install it (and deal with any bugs that are in it).
> > That way the CD vendors are happy, the release manager is happy,
> > and the end users are happy.
>
> Yes, this is a good idea. I think there would be enough space for this on
> the contrib CD. There could be a stable-updates directory on the ftp
> servers and this directory could be put onto the contrib CD, which would
> make many people happy.

I think I would be happy, too.

By the way, We Debian JP Project already have XFree86-3.3.3 with XTT
rendering engine on potato-jp maintained by Mutsumi-san.  Please take
a look at it.

ftp://ftp.debian.or.jp/pub/Linux/debian-jp/dists/potato-jp/main/binary-i386/x11/

Regards,
K.Yoshio from Debian JP Project
   mailto:shishamo@osk2.3web.ne.jp