Re: XFree86-3.3.3 is really not in slink?

On Fri, Dec 04, 1998 at 11:36:02PM +0900, Katsura S.Yoshio wrote:

> From: Remco Blaakmeer <remco-blaakmeer@quicknet.nl>
> Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 01:46:50 +0100 (CET)
>
> > > A *much* better solution is to just allow CD vendors to put 3.3.3 on
> > > their CDs in an updates directory, so those people who need it can
> > > install it (and deal with any bugs that are in it).
> > > That way the CD vendors are happy, the release manager is happy,
> > > and the end users are happy.
> >
> > Yes, this is a good idea. I think there would be enough space for this on
> > the contrib CD. There could be a stable-updates directory on the ftp
> > servers and this directory could be put onto the contrib CD, which would
> > make many people happy.
>
> I think I would be happy, too.

but what about X 3.3.3 in potato ? there don't seem to be yet debian sources
for it ...

what is the reason for the xfree86-corel packages ? would it not be nicer if we
could present them in the form of patches against the normal xfree, instead of
having two xfree source that are both more than 40MB big, this is hard on
people mirroring the source tree. Also i noticed same problems with
base/fileutils-hurd and base/fileutils, both package seem to be exactly the
same size, so they are chances that they are there two times. Is this really
necessary ?

Should the correct thing to do not be one .tar.gz file, and a n extra set of
diff/dsc files ?

i guess there are more files in this case ...

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER