Re: More problems for non-US?

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, M.C. Vernon wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, John Goerzen wrote:
>
> > According to http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/981203/3l.html, 33 more countries,
> > including Germany, have made exportation of encryption technologies illegal
> > (or at least some of them).  Even though I'm in the US, I view this as a
> > VERY serious problem.  Furthermore, I am concerned about the future of our
> > non-us archive.
>
> I don't think any of the changes have been made law...

Excuse the language, but "Better bloody not get that far." This has really
riled me up.

I see 1984 just around the corner. Here in New Zealand, the new
credit-card style drivers license has our photo on it. They have decided
to keep a copy of this photo on their computer systems. Raped by the
system. Makes me want to live in space.

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

           WinErr: 00A Promotional literature overflow - Mailbox full