proposal for new mailing list: debian-hams

Just a thought. Would it be a good idea to have a seperate mailing
list for the hams among us? I know there are a couple of hams in the
debian team and maybe they could benefit from this.

The debian distribution is the only distribution I know that has
so many ham-radio packages. We could give better support to
hams with a seperate mailing list. Maybe we can even think of
supplying an alternative debian kernel with full support for hams
as the default debian kernel has none.

Support for hams by one of the major linux distributions would
certainly inspire people to write more DFSG free ham-radio software
since the ham community lacks this.

Thanks,
--

 Joop pa3aba@debian.org