Re: Requesting a naming convention for releases

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Martin Schulze wrote:

> Zephaniah E, Hull wrote:
> > Ahh, but the names are from toystory (The first 100% CGI movie), making
> > thinks a bit more interesting..
> > HOWEVER, we are running out of names, but we have several options on
> > where to get new names... (Antz and a bug's life are the big ones at the
> > moment)
> >
> > Zephaniah E, Hull.
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 30, 1998 at 10:27:36PM -0800, Oscar Levi wrote:
> > > The zany distribution names are great.  How about naming them the way
> > > hurricanes are named so that the lexical order of the names indicates
> > > the chronological order?  Such a convention enhances the game of
> > > selecting the next name.
>
> No, we're not running out of names.  We're hit by that in > 5years
> since there are about 15-20 names left.  At the moment there is no
> need to discuss a new naming scheme etc.

Speaking of names, Bruce Perens is bruce@pixar.com ?? In NZ, "A Bug's
Life" is being advertised as a Disney/Pixar production. Is it the same
Pixar? Valid reason to use "A Bug's Life" (later on, when we are out of
names). Damn I havent even seen it yet. Well, It opened today over here.
(sorry about the off-topicness)

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

                    Are the noises in my head bothering you?