Re: Namespace pollution wrt gmp[123]

At 08:14 -0500 1998-12-02, Zephaniah E, Hull wrote:
If you take libraryname to be the filename (which seems to be the case
most of the time) then yes, the 'proper' way would be 'libgmp1' or so,
however there are several exceptions, *glances at dselect*, svgalibg1,
zlib1g, mesag3, netpbm1, etc.. (The first two still state they are
librarys, the 2nd two do not..)

I'd like to rename zlib's binary packages, but until we get versioned provides, I can't, due to the >= 1.1.3 in the shlibs file.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                     <URL:http://web.espy.org/>
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                  <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>