Re: Draft new DFSG

Hi,
>>"Joey" == Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> writes:

 Joey> Complete agreement here, I dislike the consitution, the new policy
 Joey> maintainence system, developers not being able to close bugs in other's
 Joey> packages, and all the recent buerarcracy of the past 6 months.

	Oh yeah, I feel nostalgic for the good old days too. We walked
 uphill, both ways, in a blizzard, to upload our packages, and
 we LIKED it ! But the world changes. We are no longer a small, well
 knit group, who can depend on tacit agreements between people who
 know each other, or depend on the heroics of remarkable people who
 accomplished the impossible. We need protocols that do not depend on
 intimate camaderie, and those that do not have us depending on the
 genius of pioneers. We need an infrastructure that us mortals can
 handle.

	manoj
--
 Our country has plenty of good five-cent cigars, but the trouble is
 they charge fifteen cents for them.