Re: Draft new DFSG
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Draft new DFSG
- From: Manoj Srivastava <email@example.com>
- Date: 01 Dec 1998 23:53:50 -0600
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: Joey Hess's message of "Mon, 30 Nov 1998 18:31:22 -0800"
- References: <19981125143712.D13537@kitenet.net> <Pine.LNX.3.96.981129185030.189Lemail@example.com> <19981129222600.Q13537@kitenet.net> <19981130015730.G15574@worldvisions.ca> <19981130183122.K16779@kitenet.net>
>>"Joey" == Joey Hess <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Joey> Complete agreement here, I dislike the consitution, the new policy
Joey> maintainence system, developers not being able to close bugs in other's
Joey> packages, and all the recent buerarcracy of the past 6 months.
Oh yeah, I feel nostalgic for the good old days too. We walked
uphill, both ways, in a blizzard, to upload our packages, and
we LIKED it ! But the world changes. We are no longer a small, well
knit group, who can depend on tacit agreements between people who
know each other, or depend on the heroics of remarkable people who
accomplished the impossible. We need protocols that do not depend on
intimate camaderie, and those that do not have us depending on the
genius of pioneers. We need an infrastructure that us mortals can
Our country has plenty of good five-cent cigars, but the trouble is
they charge fifteen cents for them.
Manoj Srivastava <email@example.com> <http://www.datasync.com/%7Esrivasta/>
Key C7261095 fingerprint = CB D9 F4 12 68 07 E4 05 CC 2D 27 12 1D F5 E8 6E