Re: APT [was Re: Is this really the right thing to do?]

Previously Mitch Blevins wrote:
>  I like Auto.  It makes sense.  It's short.

Thanks :)

>  Otherwise, would you just automatically toggle the flag off when
>  a package is removed or purged?

When a package is gone it's gone, so we might as well forget that flag.
When we (re)install the package we can initialize using the currently
defined defaults. This prevents old defaults from staying in the system
which can only confuse people.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl