Re: Content-Length harmful

Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@worldvisions.ca> writes:

> Maildir is a good format; but it's a heck of a lot easier to change
> all existing software to dhasi (a very minor change to the
> parser/munger) than to redesign the whole program around Maildir.

It might not be as much a problem if we come up with a well written
library implementing maildir semantics (like we have for file
locking), and then see about getting the relevant programs to use it,
and then getting the patches adopted upstream, controlled at configure
time:

  ./configure --with-libmaildir

or similar...