Re: Draft new DFSG

Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@worldvisions.ca> writes:

> Mind you, I can't think of many good reasons to close someone else's bug,
> but I can't think of a good reason to stop us, either.

Bugs expire (totally) after 28 days; that's a pretty good reason.

BTW, I think anyone who thinks that with over 460 developers we can
get by with `common sense', not need any sort of formalization of our
procedures and do without things like the constitution is, with all
due respect, dreaming (of the good old days?).

> There will be borderline cases here, though.  How about a 20 meg
> package containing educational 3-D renderings of the life cycle of a
> squid?  Pretty useless to me, but then again so's xemacs and it's
> just as big :)

[Side-note: why do people insist on bashing emacsen?  No, forget I
asked actually.  But anyway, please consider bashing iraf, xbooks or
timidity-patches as they're much more worthy targets (in terms of size
and # of users).]

--
James