Re: frozen i386 libstdc++2.9 broken, thus no dselect, apt-get, etc.?

On Fri, Nov 27, 1998 at 21:59:26 +0100, Kristoffer H. Rose wrote:
> We seem to have a broken libstdc++2.9 which is bad news for dselect and
> apt-get:
>
> # apt-get
> apt-get: error in loading shared libraries
> /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.0-1.so.2: undefined symbol: __register_frame_info
>
> Is this something obvious or should I report it as a bug ?

It has been reported about $n$ times already; Matthias is working on it.

In the interest of preventing a flamewar, I shall refrain from making
further comments about this situation.

Ray
--
J.H.M. Dassen                 | RUMOUR  Believe all you hear. Your world may
jdassen@wi.LeidenUniv.nl      | not be a better one than the one the blocks