Re: Unidentified subject!

On Sat, Nov 28, 1998 at 01:21:48AM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> >  >Tell us that exim, smail and sendmail support it (exim at least) and
> >  >I'd be more interested.
> > procmail supports it, so every MTA can use maildir.
> > echo 'DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/' >> /etc/procmailrc
> > echo 'export MAIL=$HOME/Maildir' >> /etc/profile
>
> Hmmm. How do you configure smail to use an external MDA? Or exim for that
> matter?

Exim?  Easy!

Here's the transport:

  procmail_pipe:
    driver = pipe
    command = "/usr/bin/procmail -d ${local_part}"
    from_hack

Here's the director:

  userforward:
    driver = forwardfile
    no_verify
    check_ancestor
    file = .forward${local_part_suffix}
    suffix = -*
    suffix_optional
    modemask = 002
    filter

  # This director delivers through procmail.
  procmail:
    driver = localuser
    transport = procmail_pipe

(userforward included so you know where to put it--order does matter there.
Also it's a good userforward, I suggest people use it, it allows the
qmail-ish .forward-suffix)

--
Show me the code or get out of my way.