Re: DFSG - the patch clause is harmful (was Re: Draft new DFSG)

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@iki.fi> writes:

> It is my understanding that the 70 years is a EU regulation.

The 70 years actually derive from the Berne convention. So that should
apply even to the US, who did sign the Berne convention after much
procrastination. According to my copy of the _Chicago Manual of Style_
copyright law in the US has been brought into line with the Berne
convention by means of the Copyright Act of 1989.

Anselm
The true adventurer goes forth aimless and uncalculating to meet and greet
unknown fate.                                     -- O. Henry, *The Green Door*