Re: DFSG - the patch clause is harmful (was Re: Draft new DFSG)

On Fri, Nov 27, 1998 at 09:29:54AM +0100, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
> I don't know what happens to copyrights if the author dies.

IANAL and I have no clue of the US legislation, but here in Finland
copyright applies to a work (excluding photographs and the like) for
70 years after the author died - or after the finder died, in the case
of a long lost work, like a Beethoven 11st Symphony if one existed.
It is my understanding that the 70 years is a EU regulation.

Since AFAIK Finland and most other countries share a copyright treaty
(the Berne convention?), I'd surmise that similar rules apply in most
other parts of the world.

	Antti-Juhani

	  About to generate a new signature, please wait...