Re: IPv6 support and Debian

> FWIW, you can grab them from: http://www.cse.msu.edu/~dunham/ipv6/
>

> I've managed to get enough working to ping and ftp to an ipv6 address
> on the same machine.  The two machines I'm working with are on
> different networks, so I don't know if radvd is working yet.  Also, I
> can't figure out how to setup an SIT tunnel between the machines and
> get packets to pass through it.  (Actually, I can't even get normal
> IPIP tunnels working with recent kernels - there is no documentation.)
>

> Steve
> dunham@cse.msu.edu

I'll check out the stuff on your site as soon as I get a chance.

Getting the SIT tunnel online *should* be as simple as setting the appropriate
information in ifconfig and creating the IP6 route to bounce through the tunnel.
It has been a while since I last had IPv6 working and last time I was using
RedHat as well.  I'm going to work on getting my personal machine back onto
the 6bone, then I'll probally work on debianizing things.  By the time I
manage to get that far, I should have a second machine online for testing as
well.