Re: XFree86-3.3.3 has been released

On Wed, Nov 25, 1998 at 11:34:30AM -0600, Oleg Krivosheev wrote:

>    >  XFree86-3.3.3 has been released at Nov 25, 1998
>    >
>    >  This version of xfree86 package will be included in slink? or not?
>
>    Almost certainly not, I would imagine.
>
> AFAIK, SuSe and RedHat will remove their XF servers because
> that's now included into stock Xfree.

This is totally up to Branden to decide, but it seems it's a bug fix
release. Check out the xfree86 web page.

					Marcelo

4.3. New Features

       New driver for Cyrix MediaGX based motherboards.
       New driver for Rendition V1000 and V2x00 chipsets (not accelerated).
       New driver for Weitek P9100 based cards.
       New driver for SiS 5597/98 and SiS 6326; treat SiS 6215 and 6225 as
       6205.
       New server for 3Dlabs based cards using GLINT 500TX and MX (with IBM
       RAMDAC), Permedia
       (with IBM RAMDAC), Permedia 2 and Permedia 2v.
       Support for the Matrox G100 and G200 based cards to the MGA driver.
       Support for C&T 69000 and 32bpp on 65550 and later.
       Support for NeoMagic notebook chipsets.
       Support for EPSON SPC8110.
       Support for NVidia Riva TNT.
       Acceleration for Trident Image975, Image985, Cyber9397, Cyber9388.
       Support for the new ATI Rage Pro, VT4 and Rage IIC based cards has
       been added.
       24-plane TGA support.
       Config support to build XFree86 on Linux with DECnet transport.
       Support to build XFree86 for FreeBSD/ELF.
       Support for vesafb on Linux/x86.
       LynxOS 3.0 support.
       Updates to SuperProbe.
       New XInput drivers for AceCad ADVANCEDigitizer, MicroTouch TouchPen,
       SGI dial box.
       Add local font directory.

4.2. Bug fixes

       Fix a serious LBX bug using uninitialized variables.
       Fix some Xlib bugs that cause problems when using XKB in some locales
       (like latin2), add support
       for iso8859-15, and include a couple of basic fonts for iso8859-15
       Fix xf86config to handle more than 10 modes and to be prepared for
       XFCom / XBF servers.
       Lots of xterm changes, see xterm.log.html in the sources.
       Fix problems with high dot clocks in high color depths on Riva128.
       Fix problem in the S3 drivers with disabled onboard S3 chips when
       using S3 cards.
       Fix problems with Cirrus 5480 at high resolutions and jitter that
       appeared with the 546x's using the
       BitBLT engine.
       Fix clock limits in some cases in Tseng driver.
       Fix some lockups with ViRGE chips.
       Improved timing calculations for video FIFO in the Mach64 X server.
       Fixed bug in font rendering code in the Mach64 X server.
       Fixed VGA font restoration bug when exiting the Mach64 X server.
       Several XF68_FBDev fixes.
       Fix wrong clock limits for S3 Trio64V+.
       Fix some generic rendering errors in cfb and vga code.
       Fix text restore problems and improve high res 32bpp modes in MGA
       driver; fix 24bpp and 32bpp
       display problems; disable probing for memory on some MGA chipsets;
       fix maximum blit size; fix sync
       on green for Mystique.
       Fix problems with Xnest crashing with too many visuals.
       Fixes for 64bit architectures.
       Fix cursor bug in S3V server.
       Fixes for memory probing, max dotclock probing and DPMS display off
       on C&T chipsets.
       Fix LCD detection for CLGD755x and the double mouse bug and the
       blanking bug in the cirrus driver.
       Fix some problems with -quiet flag (where some variables stayed
       uninitialized)
       SuperProbe can detect C&T HiQV chips now, with an exception in the
       case of No-PCI bus
       connected. The "-no_bios" option of SuperProbe solve this situation.
       The C&T chipsets now use software cursors by default to avoid a
       number of minor problems in certain circumstances. Hardware cursors
       can still be used by adding the "hw_cursor" option to XF86Config.
       EGC server now works on Linux/98. XF98Setup also works with it.
       Fix VT switch problem with MGA server on Linux/98.