Re: XFree86-3.3.3 has been released

   --On Thu, Nov 26, 1998 1:34 am +0900 "ISHIKAWA Mutsumi"
   <ishikawa@linux.or.jp> wrote:

   >  XFree86-3.3.3 has been released at Nov 25, 1998
   >
   >  This version of xfree86 package will be included in slink? or not?

   Almost certainly not, I would imagine.

AFAIK, SuSe and RedHat will remove their XF servers because
that's now included into stock Xfree. Thus we'll totally lose support
for lots of chips (including 3DLabs one i'm running). What we gonna do?

Also, SuSe servers are compiled against libc5 which is not good

   It would only be possible if Branden convinced our release manager to grant
   an exception for the freeze - and it's not clear why he would do that.

User's hardware support...

OK