Re: libc6 2.07u vs. MTAs

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, Nathan E Norman wrote:

> Does 2.07u screw up the other MTAs also?  I've had some weird
> exim/sendmail interaction but was able to work around it, to some
> degree.
>
> If 2.07u DOES mess with MTAs then I will sleep much better tonight :)

2.0.7u up to -5 was compiled with a broken egcs and it resulted in a
broken resolver in the libc... it sometimes worked, sometimes not.
2.0.7u-6 was uploaded to master, it was compiled with gcc and, as a
result, breaks some apps compiled against older 2.0.7u versions
(__register_frame_info), so they'll have to be recompiled.

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
                    HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/