Re: Draft new DFSG

On Mon, Nov 23, 1998 at 02:58:41PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> As I've said before, most recently in a posting to -private, and
> before that in various fora, I think the DFSG has some serious
> problems due to loose wording.  I also strongly dislike the patch
> clause.
[..]

Ian, your timing sucks.  =>  Not that I don't agree with you.

On the whole, it's very long and wordy to say just a few things.  I can
understand the need to do that, but.  Things like allowing reverse-
engineering seem pointless to me actually since there would already be
source.

The DFSG should be easy to figure out, the licenses are what should require
interpretting.

--
Show me the code or get out of my way.