Re: Apt problem?

On Sun, Nov 22, 1998 at 05:10:44AM -0800, Nathan Myers wrote:

> Whenever I try an update using dselect and apt, I get occasional
> failures, like this:
>
>   Get http://ftp1.us.debian.org unstable/main gdk-imlib1 [54.9k]
>   Error http://ftp1.us.debian.org unstable/main gdk-imlib1
>    404 Not Found
>
> However, when I ftp to the same site, the file is there and I
> can ftp it while the rest of the packages are being loaded.

Are you sure all your connections go to the same site? When accessing
ftp1.us.debian.org you may get to a different push primary. I just wonder
what the correct address is to make sure one reaches netgod's machine as it
seems to me that ftp1.us is the alias for the ftp array.

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Manager of the Western Branch Office, Datenrevision GmbH
work: Cuxhavener Str. 36, D-21149 Hamburg, Michael.Meskes@datenrevision.de