glibc locale trouble

Hi all,

Could be a bug, but maybe I'm missing the point:

I understand that locales have moved from /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale to
/usr/share/locale and friends. But killing the old location by moving
it to a backup location - which is what libc6.postinst did - broke
several applications, most notably netscape, staroffice and wp8. They
all started dying with segfaults.

I had them up and running again by symlinking
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale-libc6.old to its old name, but I'm assuming
this is not a good thing in the long run.

Any ideas or advise ?

  Paul Stevens                                  mailto:paul@nfg.nl
  NET FACILITIES GROUP                     PGP: finger paul@nfg.nl
  The Netherlands________________________________http://www.nfg.nl