Re: glibc recompiling was Re: libc resolver problem solved (critical bug)

     Because my name appears in the README for autoup.sh and
cd_autoup.sh, I frequently am asked for help on upgrades.  I recently
had an inquiry regarding upgrading a 1.1 system to 2.0 r2.

     I plan to keep an upgrade path from pre-hamm versions in all
future releases, at least until the next incompatible-change like
a.out/elf and libc5/libc6.

     I think all applications should be upgradeable no matter how
many releases a user has skipped.

Bob
--
   _