Re: glibc recompiling was Re: libc resolver problem solved (critical bug)

On Sat, 21 Nov 1998, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Brian White wrote:
> > You might want to wait two releases, but I think you could remove them
> > then.
>
> At least 2; I've had questions from people why upgraded while skipping
> one or two releases, which gave some interesting problems.

This doesn't have anything to do with release versions. The hamm version
of dpkg works fine with the "fixed" library, and the slink release version
of dpkg will (by being compiled against it) work just as well.

The problem is with the intermediate version of these packages.

The solution is to install the "fixed" version of the library and rebuild
effected packages, but I can't do that on systems where dpkg will cease
working, so the "fixed" library needs to conflict with those "offending"
dpkg packages. I just need to know which those are.

Thanks,

Dwarf