pcmcia and /etc/networks (was Re: network install on laptops)

This email brings up a point I have been thinking about.  If I am using pcmcia
card for networking, do I have to make sure that there are no entries in the
/etc/networks file??

Is there anything else that should not be there...?

The networking works fine using my pcmcia card but I do have networking
information in /etc/networks.  I think this is the reason that one or two games
have complained about the non existence of a network.

Can anyone confirm this.
Thanks.
John.

--
John Stevenson, Objective Alliance: www.oa.nl

"Objects are not a technology, they are a state of mind"